Founder: fast.ai - Book: tiny.cc/fastaibook
Faculty: usfca.edu; Chair wamri.ai
How? They made their own! They didn't need government help; they did it themselves.
It's time for #masks4all. See why:
They've invested massively in masks!
The power of Taiwan’s SMEs never ceases to amaze me. I’m proud to announce that as of this week, Taiwan’s Face Mask Team now has the capacity to produce an average of 9.2 million masks per day, & 10 million masks per day on weekdays. Yes, 10,000,000! pic.twitter.com/rg7Pl3xHff— 蔡英文 Tsai Ing-wen (@iingwen) March 10, 2020
Here's 34 scientific papers that all point to the same thing: masks (even home made ones) really work to dramatically reduce the spread of covid-19.
Here it is!
1) Share this video
2) Create a mask, and take a selfie with it
3) Use the hashtag #masks4all
- Simple DIY masks could help flatten the curve. We should all wear them in public, an op-ed article by Jeremy Howard published in the Washington Post. You can use Incognito Mode to avoid the paywall.
- 'Stealth Transmission' of COVID-19 Demands Widespread Mask Usage, by Eldad Einav, MD on medscape.com. Free registration required.
- Scott Gottlied MD on Face The Nation, @ScottGottliebMD tells @margbrennan the true value of wearing a mask in public is to prevent infecting others.
- maskeveryone.com, Make Masks and Share Them with Everyone You Know!
- maskssavelives.org, Universal mask-wearing is the most overlooked COVID-19 lifesaver
- enrichmentality.com/masks, How can I make my own face mask? (And why should I?)
- covidiocracy.com - COVID-19 Portal, with information on Masks and DIY homemade masks